Edwards & Blake
Our school catering service is provided by Edwards & Blake, the school caterer of choice for thousands of secondary school students across the UK.
We believe lunch is an integral part of the school day. When students sit down with friends, they cement relationships, enhance social skills, and replenish both their body and mind.
Our menus are exciting, nutritious, and appealing, served in a supportive environment designed to educate students about how they can make healthy choices to support their wellbeing and improve their ability to focus.
Our menus meet the Government’s School food standards and meet the bronze Food for Life standards. 89% of meals are freshly prepared daily.
Our meal deals are priced at £2.35 and include:
- Hot Meal Deal - choose from any hot meal, homemade traybake or fruit pot
- Cold Meal Deal - choose from any sandwich or baguette, homemade traybake or fruit pot
Healthy Eating Promotion
Good nutrition choices are vital to students’ health, academic achievement, and wider performance at school. Our Healthy Swaps campaign encourages the uptake of healthier items by providing suggestions for more nutritious options that are readily available.
Keep an eye out for our regular theme days and Pop Ups featuring fantastic flavours for students to try including our Burrito Bar, Kati rolls, Build a Burger, Wrap Bar & Waffle Bar!
At Edwards & Blake, all our colleagues are trained and up to date with allergen procedures and will provide accurate allergen information to your child. We ask that your child speaks to our team if they want to know about specific allergens.
Eating a School Lunch is Better for Your Child
Did you know only 1% of packed lunches meet the nutritional standards that currently apply to school food? 5 reasons school lunches are better;
- Save time & money
- Nutritionally better than a packed lunch
- Promotes a varied diet & encourages new tastes
- Inclusivity, dining with friends
- Help academic attainment by being linked to improved concentration
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Edwards & Blake’s Website Address:
Free School Meals are updated automatically on a daily basis to the value of £2.35 but other money can be added if desired. There is a daily spend limit of £5.00 unless otherwise authorised by a parent or guardian. If you wish to top up your child's cashless catering account online, please contact the school office for further information.